Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Where have you been?

Where have you been?
Hmm...Been here and there. Caught up with activities that made sure I was cut off blogging and the internet in general.

It first started with exams in school. After about 2weeks of trauma; I mean, 2 weeks of jerking for exams, I was left with nights full of nightmares in which the integral sign kept changing into snakes which then engage me in terrifying chase throughout the night…

Then I had to leave school and get to Ibadan after exams since brother mikolo a.k.a Michael Faborode decided to have all students vacate the school premises for the mid-semester break as if we are all boarders in a boarding school. Any way, I had no choice but to leave for Ibadan since I couldn’t get a place to lodge off campus.

Got to Ibadan, Only to have the internet connection at home expired 3 days after my arrival. My aunt who normally foots the bill is not around which left me with no one to subscribe for the next couple of months. Going to cyber cafes isn’t an option. I hate going to those centers!

So I decided to find other means of getting me busy. I got myself caught up in the preparation for a forum I will be starting in school next semester (more on this will be coming soon). Also began work on some jobs I got. I also read Isaac Asimov’s I-robot, Sydney Sheldon’s ‘the other side of mid-night’ amongst many other books; some which I didn’t finish.

I also decided to use the time to catch my trips. One thing my mind have been telling me, recurrently is that my social life is atrophying (as if I had one before), that I should try as much as possible to enjoy the moments while it lasts since I have only one shot at being young.

Well, one way my mind thinks that can be accomplished is for me to spend less time with my laptop, and more time with other Homo sapiens like myself. So I decided to heed the wise prodding of my mind.

So I decided to have a time out at the zoo with one of my girl friends who came to say hi to me from ife

Here are some of the pictures I took…

Genga: The 102 years old tortoise



Haruna's wife


Isn't that Pumbaa?...o no! its just an ordinary warthog



Just Horses.


...and our dear dumb ostrich


The lions where having lunch when we came around so i couldn't get pictures of them in their "glory".

Still talking about socializing, I also used the time to hook up with another old pal of mine from way back in secondary school. Hmm…she was glad to see me again after how many years now? And I observed that time has actually been good to her; she has grown to be an attractive lady (if you know what I mean).

So Now I’m back in school, now I’m blogging again. Although resumption isn’t till 26th of this month, I had to come back to see my professor and also to help ipod out with a project he is working on.

So I guess I can say like S Carter does: “I’m back”

No comments: